As for "debunking", I didn't claim that the iPhone couldn't do it.. I
was responding to the "users don't really multitask" comment with
practical examples where having multiple processes running
simultaneously are handy...

So are you saying that if you buy multiple apps, they can't run
concurrently?

As another example... I have a 3rd party GPS tracking application I run
in the background while on trips and running other 3rd-party apps,
including  a database application and having another mapping app in the
foreground. That wouldn't work?

-sc