From: Ken Schaefer [mailto:k...@adopenstatic.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 2:24 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Win2003 DC on Win2000 domain

Hi,

Unless you have proper procedures for safegaurding this stuff, and
legals in place, I would do this all on the customer's premises (or
wherever they instruct you to work) on their equipment. They must have a
budget for this (otherwise how are they paying you?), and it becomes a
cost of part of the project. If someone breaks into their offices and
steals a server, that's not your problem then.

Now, I have a bunch of commercially sensitive stuff on my laptop (as do
most/all of our other consultants). But we have our risk management in
place (e.g. Bitlocker-ed laptops, Exchange sync policy enforcement for
phones, IRM/RMS, policy documents we have to sign etc), and we have the
contractual stuff in place to indemnify us against customer lawsuits
(and no doubt the necessary insurance cover as well).

Cheers
Ken