I have two user accounts.  One is my regular account that is associated with
my Exchange mailbox that only allows me access to my dept. share etc. it's a
limited access, typical user account.  The other is a domain admin that I
use when I need to access (remote desktop, run as etc) something that
requires admin level privileges.  It's very intentional to make us "think"
about what we are doing, allows for logging to be traced back to a specific
admin in the event that something needs to be looked at (rather than using a
"generic" domain admin account for all the domains admins in my group.)   We
keep a separate enterprise domain admin account, and a schema admin account
that stays disabled until it is needed to make schema changes.

We give our DBA's a specific DBA account that is only a local admin on
database servers, and we lock that account down to only being able to log on
the database servers so they can't log onto the Exchange server and muck
things up, and that DBA account is not a domain admin.

Once you put something like this in place and enforce it, it's really not
difficult or hard to do, and doesn't impede productivity (no matter what
they might try to say to you about it, it doesn't impede productivity!)

--
Sherry Abercrombie

Arthur C. Clarke