That's more or less the way I've always done file permissions. As long as
you don't have anyone getting creative (my boss springs to mind) it always
works pretty flawlessly, and with a minimum of admin

YMMV

--
"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able

http://raythestray.blogspot.com