From: Matthew W. Ross [mailto:mr...@ephrataschools.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:59 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: DHCP and multiple Subnets; Multiple DHCP server or
DHCP-Relays?

This answers my question exactly. Thank you.

If I did decide to drop reserving each-and-every computer, what other
methods (and probably stronger methods) of preventing unauthorized
computers from getting on the network?

We have a lot of older switches which cannot handle 802.1x, which looks
like it will do what I want... but does anybody know of a different
solution that works with unmanaged switches?

--Matt Ross
Ephrata School District