Depending on the VoIP system, there may be a native tool to monitor the
comms, depending on what you want to capture.  I remember when I was
supporting Cisco CCM/Unity there were some good tools available.
I'd take a look at those as either a substitute or augmentation. Sometimes
they can provide better info than just packet data...

Charlie Kaiser
charl...@golden-eagle.org
Kingman, AZ