If politicians had even less money to spend, who do you think is going to pay
your current salary, let alone give you an increase?!

Cheers
Ken

From: Jon Harris [mailto:jk.har...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 17 August 2009 10:17 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Salary rant

>From what I have seen and continue to see, politicians will spend until there
>is nothing left to spend.  I would prefer they not have the money to spend and
>I am a state worker and I have not gotten a pay increase in 2 years and there
>is none projected for this year.  I did see that they could find the money to
>match funds with the Fed's to do things too bad the Fed's don't give a rat's
>... about the workers as long as the taxes keep getting taken.

Jon
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:01 AM, RAY ZORZ
<rz...@azcorrections.gov<mailto:rz...@azcorrections.gov>> wrote:
Right. Heaven forbid anybody in the state a get a raise, a new school,
more teachers, more cops, firemen, equipment, infrastructure repairs,
etc etc.   Perhaps you've heard healthcare prices keep rising? Gas
prices?

>>> Kurt Buff <kurt.b...@gmail.com<mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com>> 8/15/2009 12:59
>>> PM >>>
Prop 13 was the start of something good - limitations on government
spending.

Unfortunately, though foreseeably and inevitably, legislative critters
didn't want the shackles of reality, and kept spending regardless.
They refuse to stick to a budget that is less than or equal to the
income available. It's the nature of the beast.
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can
only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out
of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the
candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy
collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be
followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." Author unknown, but
first known use is in The Daily Oklahoman 1959-12-09

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 09:56, RAY
wrote:
> Lot's of Californians point to prop 13 as the beginning of the
problems.

> What the state of California has managed to prove faster than the
rest of the United States is that while stealing from the rich to give
to the poor sounds wonderful in a story like Robin Hood, it does not
work in real life. All you manage to do is make everyone poor.
> TVK

largest employers in the state. In turn, we spend less, and contribute
less to the sales tax base for everyone. Dominoe effect -> We have small
businesses that are forced to close because the state employees are not
there 3 days a week (good bye local deli), less spending on luxury items
(good bye furniture store) and less large item purchase (good bye
car-dealer, see ya' next year new car).

<rz...@azcorrections.gov<mailto:rz...@azcorrections.gov><mailto:rz...@azcorrections.gov<mailto:rz...@azcorrections.gov>>>
wrote:
> But clearly CA has serious budget issues.  Something has to give.

> Our republican governator has been fighting with our Democratic
> legislature, and using the state workers as pawns in his games.  He
> threatened federal minimum wage late last year, and he may bring
that
> back into the picture come May-June of next year, when they're trying
> establish a budget for 2010/2011.  I'm part of a union that came to
an
> agreement on a contract in early Feb., and he had his Republican
cronies
> squash the passing of the contract at that time, because it limited
> members to a single furlough day, and had unprecedented layoff
> protections in it.  I hear that it may come back to the floor during
> their next session, but I honestly can't see it passing now either.
It