From: John Cook [mailto:john.c...@pfsf.org]
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 12:06 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Mail server software

Just curious - why not Exchange?

John W. Cook

Systems Administrator

Partnership For Strong Families

315 SE 2nd Ave

Gainesville, Fl 32601

Office (352) 393-2741 x320

Cell     (352) 215-6944

Fax     (352) 393-2746

MCSE, MCTS, MCP+I, A+, N+, VSP4, VTSP4

From: John Aldrich [mailto:jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com]
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 11:54 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Mail server software

If you don't want to pay the cost of Exchange, what software would you get
that has pretty much the same functionality as Exchange, including the
following:

1)      Active Directory integration

2)      Shared calendars

3)      Reserved meeting rooms (i.e. send a meeting invite to the room email
address and reserve it.)

4)      Outlook connectivity (most of the ones I've looked at have some sort
of "plugin" to allow Outlook to connect to them and act like Exchange.)

5)      Fully functional webmail - we want to have the "look and feel" of
Outlook on the web.

The two I'm leaning towards right now are Icewarp and Kerio. I've installed
Kerio and it's got pretty much the features I want, but I've gotten a
recommendation from one of our ISP vendors that we look at Icewarp as well.
Just thought I'd throw this out to see what else I should be looking at.

John-AldrichTile-Tools

  _____

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information transmitted, or contained or
attached to or with this Notice is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain Protected Health Information (PHI),
confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission,
dissemination, or other use of, and taking any action in reliance upon this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient without
the express written consent of the sender are prohibited. This information
may be protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
of 1996 (HIPAA), and other Federal and Florida laws. Improper or
unauthorized use or disclosure of this information could result in civil
and/or criminal penalties.
Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really
need to.

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for
the intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not
read, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed
in this email are those of the author and do not represent those of the
company. Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no
viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility
for any loss or damage that arise from the use of this email or attachments.