On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 06:37, Daniel Rodriguez<drod...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To all,
>
> I just want to say that I owe the list an apology. I did not want to
> 'hijack' a thread/conversation about my condition. The OT Friday Funny was a
> good joke, even my wife liked it. And she is in healthcare.
>
> For those who don't know, On July 27, I had open heart surgery to remove
> 5-1/2 blockages that were in my heart. I was in the hospital for a week. A
> week later, I had to go back into the hospital because the fluids that are
> created because of the surgery, those tubes in your chest, were not
> draining, or being flushed out of my system and my feet and legs were
> starting to swell up. Fortunately, that was handled in time.
>
> It has been a real hard struggle just to recuperate. I am not used to 'just
> sit around and do nothing'. I want to get back to work. But, right now, I
> have not been cleared by my doctor to even drive, or even lift 10 lbs. ARGH!
> I am allowed to go on 'short' walks. This past Saturday, I even went for a
> two mile walk. It felt good. But I grow tired to easily and paid for it as I
> slept nearly all day, yesterday.
>
> Again, I didn't mean to hijack that thread and should have known better.
> Sorry.
>
> But for all those who did respond, thank you. It feels good to talk to
> others, especially when you have something in common.

Oh, hell, man. Lighten up! No apologies needed. We all just hope
you'll make a complete and speedy recovery.

As a matter of fact, I'll drag *this* thread OT:

Xenophon Ernest Buff was born today at 12:17. Mother and son doing
very well indeed. C-section went flawlessly.

I'll leave out the rest of the details, as I doubt all y'all are all
that interested.

Kurt