Sure. can you get the MAC address of that device? If so, just give it a
static assignment that is "bad" and you're all set. J Not quite what you had
in mind, but it works quite well. J

John-AldrichTile-Tools

From: James Rankin [mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 11:07 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Block device from DHCP scope

Anyway I can block a device from obtaining an IP address from our DHCP
scope? I have a rogue IPhone that appears intermittently on my DHCP range. I
haven't managed to find out who it is yet but if I do I will be sure to
address it via HR....turning off the wireless unfortunately is not an
option. I know the user could probably bang in some static settings to get
around the block, but seeing as though our users can't save things in the
right folders, I'm relying on them not being savvy enough to enter some
network settings themselves.

Thanks for all ideas...

--
"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able

http://raythestray.blogspot.com

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>