On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Bill Songstad <bsongs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone on the list have any comments about portable
> air conditioners for an almost cool room ....

  At a previous job, the home office had a closet cum server room.
They had stuck a Maytag brand portable AC in there.  It had been
running fine for years and years when I left.  Probably wasn't the
most efficient solution, but it worked.

  One nice thing about the Maytag model was that it evaporated the
condensation drip into the hot air exhaust, so there was no need for a
separate drain.  We had another client buy a different brand, and it
had a condensation reservoir which would fill up after a couple of
hours.  It needed an additional pump and drain line to run unattended.

-- Ben