Many, many moons ago I was having a conversation with my
then-girlfriend.  Wonderful person, salt of the earth, tall, slim,
beautiful, college graduate, health care worker...  You get the idea.
Darn near perfect.

Anyway, one day we were having a serious conversation about something
or other and I was describing an important turning point in my life.
I said something to the effect of "blah, blah, blah seminal event
blah, blah, blah."  She stopped me mid-sentence and said, "RICHARD!"
"I can't believe you said that!"  "What?", I said.  "THAT.  THAT
WORD!"

As wonderful as she was, we didn't date for much longer.