I would highly recommend EMC.

________________________________

From: John Aldrich [mailto:jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com]
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 10:06 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: NAS/SAN

So, we're working on getting our first big "storage appliance" here. As
the IT Manager it's my job to get quotes, etc. I'm talking to all the
"big boys" out there and getting a lot of good quotes. My requirements
are fairly simple:

1)      On the order of 5 Terabytes of storage (significantly more than
we are using currently.)

2)      Redundant everything (disks, controllers, network, power, etc.)

That's about it. We are looking, eventually, to bring email in-house,
probably using Kerio mail server as it's got the features we need at a
price we can live with. The problem is that I'm getting quotes all over
the place. The last quote I got was for a QNap ISCSI NAS with 6 1 Tb
drives, but it doesn't have the redundancy I'm looking for (no redundant
controllers.)

I've gotten quotes from vendors for HP, LSI, NetApp, QNap and am working
on an Equallogic quote. Anyone else I should be looking at? Our plan is
to get two of these for DR/Business Continuity purposes and have one of
them at a remote office, and possibly even back the remote one up to
tape. J

Am I being too paranoid? Not enough? Anything else I should be looking
at? At first I was really wanting single-instance storage, but the LSI
vendor kind of talked me out of that being a requirement. I get a report
every night from the current storage detailing all duplicate files, and
there aren't that many so I think I can get away with not having
de-duplication/single-instance storage.

Your thoughts, please?

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>