On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Kim Longenbaugh
<k...@colonialsavings.com> wrote:
> ... I forgot the buzz-word for it… flash-based storage.

  SSD.  Solid State Drive.

  FYI: I recently spoke to a Dell rep regarding server and storage
offerings.  He was trying to sell me an PowerVault MD3000i, which is
Dell's entry-level iSCSI box.  15 disk slots, two controller slots.
The two-controller variant lists for over $16K on their website.  He
quoted me $5K.  Heavy promotions going on right now, apparently.

-- Ben