From: richardmccl...@aspca.org [mailto:richardmccl...@aspca.org]
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 2:01 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: HP drive sleds

As this appears to be a rant, I can jump in and say that all our Dell PE
servers also came with empty place holders rather than cages, too.  (Never
tried to see if we could get an empty sled.)
--
Richard D. McClary
Systems Administrator, Information Technology Group

ASPCAR
1717 S. Philo Rd, Ste 36
Urbana, IL  61802

richardmccl...@aspca.org

P: 217-337-9761
C: 217-417-1182
F: 217-337-9761
 <http://www.aspca.org/> www.aspca.org

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is
from The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to AnimalsR (ASPCAR)
and is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may
contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the contents of this e-mail,
and any attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by reply email and
permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout
thereof.

"Phillip Partipilo" <p...@psnet.com> wrote on 12/04/2009 12:50:53 PM:

> Whoa this is insane.  On the phone, err, handed off the call to somebody
> else here to further speak with a supervisor, we just took delivery of a
HP
> DL185, and there are just placeholders for the hard disks in the cage.  No
> empty cages provided.  They claim there is no way to get an empty cage
> without a drive.  WTF.  They want $100 for a 160 gig drive when I can get
> 2tb Hitachis for $140.  This is bull.  We're ready to box this up and ship
> it right back.  Every Supermicro we've bought have come loaded with empty
> sleds, and every one of those servers are still running.  I know HP is a
> solid server and that's why we made this purchase, but this is grinding my
> gears.
>

> Phillip Partipilo
> Parametric Solutions Inc.
> Jupiter, Florida
> (561) 747-6107
>

> THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL
> AND PROPRIETARY PROPERTY OF THE SENDER. THE INFORMATION IS
> INTENDED FOR USE BY THE ADDRESSEE ONLY. ANY OTHER INTERCEPTION,
> COPYING, ACCESSING, OR DISCLOSURE OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED.
> IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY
> NOTIFY THE SENDER AND DELETE THIS MAIL AND ALL ATTACHMENTS. DO NOT
> FORWARD THIS MESSAGE WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE SENDER.

  _____

If this email is spam, report it here:

<http://www.onlymyemail.com/view/?action=reportSpam&Id=ODEzNjQ6MTAxNDUwOTk2N
zpwanBAcHNuZXQuY29t> http://www.OnlyMyEmail.com/ReportSpam