From: Jonathan Link [mailto:jonathan.l...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 3:19 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: OT:BES 5 Wireless activation

I'm having a devil of the time with getting BES up and running.  Where I'm
stuck is at the wireless activation point.  I have one user who has volunteered
their device and I cannot get them activated.
I have wiped the device, setup the user, created an activation password.  When
we attempt the enterprise activation it stalls out at the activating screen.  I
have also asked the user to call AT&T to ensure that his phone is provisioned
for BES.  I have verified that BES has access to the mailbox with the IEMtest
utility.  The email with etp.dat is received by the user but never leaves the
mailbox.  I disabled Vipre on his computer and the AV at the mail server to
ensure that the file hasn't been touched or mangled and BES processes it.

I appreciate any additional insight list members could provide.  Nine times out
of ten I start an email, think of something I haven't tried which resolves my
problem, but that isn't happening in this case.

Thanks,
Jonathan