From: Ken Schaefer [mailto:k...@adopenstatic.com]
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 4:24 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: simple gp issue

Computer and User GPOs can be applied separately (as they occur at
different times in the startup cycle)

Running gpupdate /force should force both to be updated at the same
time. However, if machines are getting policies from different DCs, and
replication hasn't occurred yet, then differing results can be expected
at the client end. Running gpresult won't necessarily tell you (as that
tells you GPOs that have been applied only). Running RSOP.msc on the
clients should tell you effective settings applied, and which DC the
settings are coming from.

If replication hasn't occurred, troubleshoot replication issues (AD, and
Sysvol/FRS)

Cheers

Ken