From: bounce-8784996-8243...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com
[mailto:bounce-8784996-8243...@lyris.sunbelt-software.com] On Behalf Of
Michael B. Smith
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 12:51 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Adding 2008 DC's...

It removes a number of "obsolete" security options.

I quote the word "obsolete" because some older/insecure products depend on
them. Older versions of SAMBA for example. Some NAS that based on older
versions of SAMBA, etc.

I ran into a product at one customer called a "CAS" that allowed a single
sign-on to Apache/IIS/and Windows by actually doing a man-in-the-middle
attack! It depended on this too.