From: Bill Songstad [mailto:bsongs...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 14 January 2010 10:23 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Users Setting NTFS Permissions

I'm curious why you are concerned that an employee empowered to create a folder
in your domain should not be allowed to set access rights to it.  Why disallow
them the ability to control access if you as a domain admin can seize control
if need be?

It's not like the everyone group includes anyone not in a an existing domain
security group.  Its not like NT or W2K where the everyone group included the
anonymous group.  Its only authenticated domain users (and maybe machines).

If this is a case where an employee might share confidential information with
those who should not see it, well that is a behavior/training issue, because if
they want to share that info, locking their ability to set acls on that folder
is not going to prevent them.

Bill
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Terri Esham