From: richardmccl...@aspca.org [mailto:richardmccl...@aspca.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 9:31 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Had to share this...

Kewl - a $2 CR-2032 battery in a $5+ padded box with a $10+ shipping bill!
Well, at least that 4-day wait saved you that 15-minute trip to the grocery
store...

This reminds me of the time we ordered 15 MS CALs for NT-4.  We got a huge
cardboard box.  Inside was lots of bubble wrap.  Inside this was 15 MS
software boxes (each about 2" thick).  Inside each of these was a corregated
spacer to fill the box.  Inside the spacers was an envelope.  Inside each
envelope was a card that said something like "Microsoft Windows NT4 Server
Client Access License - One License".  (No wonder they cost so much!)

----------------
        /\_/\
/*--.__/ o o \
/ Richard ="= /
\  `-.       (
"--._)"-._m)m)

James Rankin <kz2...@googlemail.com> wrote on 01/27/2010 08:08:38 AM:

> New BIOS battery from Dell
>
> [image removed]

> 2010/1/27 Andrew Levicki <and...@levicki.me.uk>
> We recently ordered a Cisco ASA appliance and the very next day a
> huge box was delivered which contained only a power cable. The ASA
> itself arrived in a smaller box the next day.
>
> I asked the sales rep about this and it turns out that all Cisco
> equipment ships with only an American power plug so if purchased
> outside the States, the power cable is ordered and shipped separately.
>
> Hmm.

> 2010/1/27 John Hornbuckle <john.hornbuc...@taylor.k12.fl.us>
>
> http://en.community.dell.
> com/blogs/direct2dell/archive/2009/12/17/dell-and-order-delays-
> before-the-holidays.aspx
>

> Maybe they still don't have their inventory issues worked out?
>

> John Hornbuckle
> MIS Department
> Taylor County School District
> www.taylor.k12.fl.us

  _____

If this email is spam, report it here:

<http://www.onlymyemail.com/view/?action=reportSpam&Id=ODEzNjQ6MTAzNzYyOTgwO
DpwanBAcHNuZXQuY29t> http://www.OnlyMyEmail.com/ReportSpam

THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL
AND PROPRIETARY PROPERTY OF THE SENDER. THE INFORMATION IS
INTENDED FOR USE BY THE ADDRESSEE ONLY. ANY OTHER INTERCEPTION,
COPYING, ACCESSING, OR DISCLOSURE OF THIS MESSAGE IS PROHIBITED.
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY
NOTIFY THE SENDER AND DELETE THIS MAIL AND ALL ATTACHMENTS. DO NOT
FORWARD THIS MESSAGE WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE SENDER.