Can't *get* to the firewall. it won't open. L I can barely get the computer
to log into the user's profile. Much more than that is a fight.. And it's
got 6 Gb of RAM on a 64-bit O/S!

John-AldrichTile-Tools

From: Eisenberg, Wayne [mailto:wayne.eisenb...@pbvllc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2010 10:46 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Windows 7 problem (Home user)

We found we had strange problems with getting IP addresses that we
ultimately solved by creating firewall rules that explicitly exclude DHCP
traffic (UDP ports 67 and 68 for IPv4) from IPSec encryption
requirements.(Something that *ought* to be done by default but doesn't
always work at this point - maybe SP1?) We used a GPO, but obviously for
home users, just change the firewall settings directly.

Good luck,

Wayne