We had Business Objects, I believe, do this to us too.

-sc

From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:56 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Rediculous Support Clause

Xen plus OpenQRM is beginning to sound very interesting to me...

Kurt

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 20:59, Kelsey, John <jckel...@drmc.org> wrote:

VMWare did the exact same thing to us.  We were out of support when we wanted
to go to VSphere 4.  Had to pay the previous year's support before we could
upgrade, essentially paying for an entire year of support that we never used or
needed.  Highway robbery!

John C. Kelsey
DuBois Regional Medical Center
*:  814.375.3073