I remember when I did this a while back that I had to modify something in
the .vmx file.
Can't remember what it was exactly, but it may have had something to do
with a scsi line.

Regards

Tony Patton
Desktop Operations Cavan
Ext 8078
Direct Dial 049 435 2878
email: tony.pat...@quinn-insurance.com

From:
"Charlie Kaiser" <charl...@golden-eagle.org>
To:
"NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Date:
12/03/2010 17:35
RE: windows xp on vmware IRL less than not equal

Was the unattended install built from a physical machine installation? You
might have a hardware detection issue. Does a "normal" install work?

The different types of disks (scsi vs ide) in VMWare can cause issues if
the
unattended install is one type and the VM is another.

Probably better to use VMWare converter to clone the physical machine into
VM than to use a previously existing physical unattended install...

***********************
Charlie Kaiser
charl...@golden-eagle.org
Kingman, AZ
***********************

http://www.quinn-insurance.com

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above. The contents
should not be copied nor disclosed to any other person. Any views or
opinions expressed are solely those of the sender and
do not necessarily represent those of QUINN-Insurance, unless otherwise
specifically stated . As internet communications are not secure,
QUINN-Insurance is not responsible for the contents of this message nor
responsible for any change made to this message after it was sent by the
original sender. Although virus scanning is used on all inbound and
outbound e-mail, we advise you to carry out your own virus check before
opening any attachment. We cannot accept liability for any damage sustained
as a result of any software viruses.

QUINN-Life Direct Limited is regulated by the Financial Regulator.
QUINN-Insurance Limited is regulated by the Financial Regulator and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of UK
business.

QUINN-Life Direct Limited is registered in Ireland, registration number
292374 and is a private company limited by shares.
QUINN-Insurance Limited is registered in Ireland, registration number
240768 and is a private company limited by shares.
Both companies have their head office at Dublin Road, Cavan, Co. Cavan.