I have a Win2003 server that I use as a print server. We define
printers; share them out; and I save the set of printers, drivers,
etc, using PRINTMIG, which makes me a nice little CAB file that I can
restore anywhere, in case of disaster or upgrade.

Or so I thought ...

I now need to replace that server with a Win2008 R2 server (since I
need to hand out 32bit and 64bit versions of the drivers, and it seems
that adding a 64bit driver to a 32bit OS for handing out, isn't
supported, I am told), performing the same roles. I've read that
Win2008 has a built in tool called PRINTBRM, which should do what I
need it to do (I think - I haven't found a specific example of
transferring printers from Win2003 to Win2008 with it yet).

I can't seem to find it on my Win2008. Do I need to install the
Printer role (Print and Document Services) first? I am a bit leery to
do that, as it says to migrate printers, I must first move them to a
Vista machine, and I have none of those ..

We still use the archaic "CON2PRT" in GP login scripts to install
printers. I plan on modernizing things, but one step at a time ...

SO: how can I copy my list of printers from my Win2003 server to my
Win2008 server?