+1.   A scripting of CCleaner and MyDefrag.

Also, an odd thing to note, I recently found that resetting to defaults
Firefox and then re-enabling my desired Add-ons and Plugins gave Firefox new
found life:

   Start Firefox in Safe Mode -> Check the Reset to Defaults box

Other than that, I would do some application inventorying on the effected
systems for comparisons, and start there.

--
ME2