I should mention, though you probably already know it, that adding a
new unit is the way Lefthand does their expansion.

If you've got two units in HA, adding a third of the same size give
you double the space - kinda like RAID5 over the network.

I believe that the software can be had separately from the hardware,
if you're in the mood to roll your own, but I'm not sure that's a road
I'd take, unless, for instance, I could get Dell hardware
substantially cheaper than HP hardware.

Kurt