On 15 Apr 2010 at 17:38, Ben Scott  wrote:

>   I'd start looking there, then.  You changed printer drivers, and now
> you have some new printer problems.  I doubt that's coincidence.
>
>   I've seen all manner of weird problems come about due to printer
> drivers.  A buggy printer driver can affect other printers using other
> drivers on the same computer.  (HP's drivers started doing this to us.
>  It's one of the main reasons we're not buying HP printers anymore.)

Known problem, doesn't just affect other printers:

============= Included Stuff Follows =============
Ubersoft.net: Technology Is Not Your Friend
http://www.ubersoft.net/comic/hd/2010/03/standard-obfuscation-12

    ALEX: So we need to come up with a game plan that will maximize the amount
    of stalling time we have.

    MONK: The easiest thing to do would be to push off the problem to another
    company.

    KING: Monk's right. We used to do that all the time.

    ALEX: OK, so we blame the accleration problem on another company. But
    which company? And what is our specific response?

    MONK: Let's go with Standard Obfuscation #12.

    KING: Oooooo... one of the classics.

    CUSTOMER: You're telling me my car is randomly accelerating due to a
    faulty HP printer driver?

    ALEX: I'm afraid so.

============= Included Stuff Ends =============

--