That was our feeling, too.  But the strange this is, and what we can't figure
out, is why when switching out an Hp1320 for a Kyocera would affect label
printing on a Datamax printer using generic text driver.

From: michealespin...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:30:33 -0700
Subject: Re: label printer
To: ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com

Sounds very much like a driver issue.
--
ME2

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:24 PM, paul d <pdw1...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I've got a problem for you printer guru's out there.
Here's the setup:

Windows 2003 print server
3 flavors of Datamax label printers

Here's an example of how the printer works in our environment:

 ER doc orders a Lab test.  Order is entered into the system and a label prints
out in Lab.

This has been going on for years (10+) and with very few problems.  However,
recently the label printer will print a label and go into Pause mode.  Or, it
will just print garbage or do a hex dump.  These all usually happen when a
label is supposed to print.  Recently we've started experiencing the same
situation with the label printers in Radiology.

We entered into a contract to have all our non-label printers to be leased from
a company (we used to just buy them) and have been replacing the current
printers with these new printers.  That, of course, means changing the drivers
on the print server.

I have been tearing my hair out (figuratively; at my age, it's a struggle just
to keep what I have) trying to resolve this issue.  I've got 4 of them suckers
and 3 are acting up.  Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated.

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with
Hotmail. Get busy.