I'd approach it from the following angle:

Tell them you are more than happy to support any device that will help them
increase revenue and/or lower operating costs, and have them fill out a
business case for the device so that it can be properly supported.
(Provide them with a business case template in case they lack one).

Then, prep your own case for necessary support -- one device for your team,
plus some training on it.

Begin to build a case for an additional support resource, so that you can
make that request at the appropriate time.

After all, this is a business problem, not a technology one.

-ASB: http://XeeSM.com/AndrewBaker