Sorry to disappoint, but I don't find your comments "hurtful".  I just find
your constant need to insult and belittle people to be childish and annoying.
If your arguments are as superior as you believe them to be, they can stand on
their own.  There are a lot of different opinions on this list, but I don't see
anybody else doing what you do.  Just state your opinion and keep the snide
comments to yourself.

In regards to how you have diagnosed Apple's problems, were you using Macs at
that time?  Working for Apple?  If not, then I submit you don't know what
issues the company had or the folks that used Apple's products had (and thefore
what caused people to leave the platform).  Personally, I have been using Macs
(and PCs) for over 20 years, so I feel have some perspective.  Apple was doing
serious software development for what was to be "Copland" that included all the
buzzword-friendly features of the time; the problem they had was in trying to
make it backwards compatible.  When Amelio brought in the software head from
IBM (don't remember her name), she killed the project and set things in motion
that would ultimately lead to Mac OS X.  But you are completely incorrect that
Mac OS X was what turned Apple around.  Instead, it was the first iMac, which
ran the "toy" OS.  It was YEARS before Mac OS X shipped, let alone became
usable (with 10.1)--long after Apple was back in the black.

Nobody has said that third-party development tools makes features "go away".
The point is that it is then up to the makers of those tools to support the new
features.  Apple is saying that, in their history, those makers are slow to
adapt those new features or do not adapt them at all.  If you make a
cross-platform development tool, how many resources are you going to devote to
implementing a feature that is only on one platform?  If the feature is not
available in the development environment, it cannot be incorporated into the
resulting application.  Therefore, it doesn't matter if the feature is
available on the hardware/OS or not.