What restrictions, if any, do your organizations place on things like IM or
social networking sites? I sent out a warning to the office personnel this
morning regarding the new "IM Virus" and got an email back from the CEO
basically stating "shouldn't that be a violation of company policy anyway?"
and I had to tell him, I knew of no policies regarding that; and that in
fact, my former supervisor was fully aware of at least one person (who's
child is overseas in the military) who used IM on a semi-regular basis.

For this reason, I'm working on coming up with a company policy. I've looked
at the sample template from SANS as well as another one that someone sent me
off-list. I'm planning on incorporating the best of everything I get, so if
anyone has any suggested language regarding IM or social networking, please
let me have it. J

John-AldrichTile-Tools

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>