Windows firewall was not enabled on my laptop or the client's desktop.

John-AldrichTile-Tools

From: Ken Hoegeman [mailto:ken.hoege...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 9:25 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Wireless Routers

FYI - I have 4 year old laptop with Windows 7 & Nod 4 security suite.  At
some of my clients I can connect to their secure WAP (not Netgear), but
don't get an IP thru DHCP. Connecting with ethernet cable is never a
problem.

I just disable the firewall get the IP address and then turn the firewall
back on.

Ken

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 10:17 AM, John Aldrich