A whole lot of the decision should be based on accounting needs.  Payroll
done internally?  If so, is it important to have it done in the software, or
can/will someone do it all by hand including all the local, state and
federal filings.  What about inventory for parts and finished goods?  Does
it need to be highly accurate and tracked in great detail for thousands or
even millions of items?  What about work in process inventory?  These are
all add-ons that can significantly increase the cost of a basic accounting
package.  If none of this is necessary, which sounds probable given the
description, the freebie solutions might work just fine.

Also the bookkeeping / accounting skill of the folks involved should be
considered.  For dead simple bookkeeping that doesn't 'feel like' real
accounting, Quickbooks is hard to beat.  The checkbook metaphor is one most
people get.  If the relevant staff understand basic concepts such as double
entry accounting and can accurately make journal entries when necessary
something like Peachtree might be better.