Now we're getting somewhere.
Since they're manufacturing, they have labor.  How is/will payroll handled?
Once you get into payroll situations your accounting system is now at the
mercy of the vendors.  You have to maintain updates for payroll tax tables.
Trying to manually keep up with them is a risky proposition.  Additionally,
most vendors require periodic updates to the underlying accounting package
in order to keep the annual tax table updates.  For example, quickbooks is
every three years.  MAS 90 requires annual maintenance fees for the
application which includes payroll tax updates.  Peachtree is either three
or four years, as I recall.

Then there's the inventory issue, which depending on the size of inventory
can influence your decision on the package purchased.

Based on where you're going with this, you're not really asking a technical
question, you're asking questions that are ultimately accounting questions.
Those questions need to be answered or at least developed before selection
of an accounting package.