>But Mr. Zoits is right, AV is pointless. It is a signature race and
>you wll lose that race sooner or later no question about it. Behaviour
>based HIPS is the only thing that will win this fight. CSA's was the
>best there ever was at doing this. Virtually bullet proof if
>implemented correctly, but alas it is gone now. Trends new one is
>looking pretty good.

I respectfully disagree.  What antivirus companies still rely on signatures?

I see detection rates daily, and while an AV engine is not nearly the thing it
was in the past, it is still a very, very important part of the security
strategy.  Just wait until your next Conficker infection...

Alex

Just to amplify 6.0 is also discontinued. This last release a few weeks ago
6.0.2 is the last. It supports 64 bit and windows 7. Server up to 2008 but not
R2. No other future operating systems will be supported. They will not say if
any future service packs will be supported but if they break CSA you will be on
your own, imho.

VERY sore subject with me.  :)