We have to keep in mind that whitelisting/blacklisting is just another layer;
another tool in our arsenal.  I don't think anyone is suggesting that AV go
away all together, simply suggesting not relying on it completely.

Joe L. Heaton
Windows Server Support Group
Information Technology Branch
Department of Fish and Game
1807 13th Street, Suite 201
Sacramento, CA  95811
Desk: (916) 323-1284

>>> Ken Schaefer <k...@adopenstatic.com> 5/11/2010 7:44 AM >>>
How is whitelisting or blacklisting going to help? Answer: it's not. The
problem is thread pre-emption and storing values in user-mode memory space
where it can be altered (assuming you can get the timing right).

But, if your AV was any good, it would detect the problem "on access"

Cheers
Ken