Right - brooktrout boards with Rightfax software in a server box...

----- Original Message ----
From: Phil Brutsche <p...@optimumdata.com>
To: NT System Admin Issues <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Tue, May 11, 2010 2:34:29 PM
Subject: Re: best windows fax app?

A couple ideas:

A) Use a real fax board instead of some random piece of s$&* modem.
Common cards are:
Mainpine IQ Express (http://www.mainpine.com/products_IQE.html)
Dialogic (formerly Eicon) DIVA analog boards:
  http://preview.tinyurl.com/2wq9g3o
Brooktrout TRUFAX, made by the current Dialogic:
  http://preview.tinyurl.com/36g7cme

None of them are cheap, though - typically $400+ for a single-port fax
board.

B) Most MFP devices have faxing abilities and some can integrate with
Windows Fax for sending & receiving. I know Brother MFP printers can,
it's likely others can too.

--

Phil Brutsche
p...@optimumdata.com