Got a laptop running XP Pro. It's had some malware on it that has been
particularlly difficult to find. The only way I found it was to reboot into
safe mode, command-prompt only and run a scan on it. The malware was My Web
Search and one other (sorry, I don't recall.)
The laptop has one small issue left, but I'm not sure if it's caused by
malware or is the after-effects of the malware. It doesn't want to shut
down, ever. It sits there saying "logging off" until you push and hold the
power button. I really don't want to have to rebuild this laptop, as I
don't have a restore disk for it....
--
Thanks,
John Aldrich