On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 5:23 PM, John Aldrich
<jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com> wrote:
> Why in the world does Microsoft try to push out new drivers for video cards,
> especially nVidia video cards? They never work, and only make things worse!

  I keep hearing this from people, but (knock on wood), I've never had
a problem updating video drivers via WU.  Even for NVidia video cards.

  Granted, I don't do it very often, either.  Our main corporate
network is managed and imaged and standardized, so I rarely hit WU
directly for anything.  I only have occasion to try a few times a
year.  But so far, so good.

  (Now that I've said that, the next time I try this, the computer
will corrupt the registry, catch fire, and/or leave me floating in the
ocean surrounded by sharks.)

  But, question: If updating drivers via WU always ends badly, why do
you keep trying?  :)

-- Ben