On 15 Jun 2010 at 11:40, Haralson, Joe (GE Comm Fin, n  wrote:

> Not looking to leave DBAN. Looking at options. I also have a need for a
> tool that can be used remotely. I would like to clean Data drive and not
> have to boot from cd.

Heidi's Eraser has a right-click option to erase an entire drive (e.g. a data
partition).  If you have remote-access (VNC, RDP) to another machine, you could
certainly run Eraser remotely that way.  Not sure about NET USEd drives,
though, you'll have to experiment.

    Eraser is an advanced security tool for Windows which allows you to
    completely remove sensitive data from your hard drive by overwriting it
    several times with carefully selected patterns. Eraser is currently
    supported under Windows XP (with Service Pack 3), Windows Server 2003
    (with Service Pack 2), Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7 and
    Windows Server 2008 R2.

    Eraser is Free software and its source code is released under GNU General
    Public License.

  http://eraser.heidi.ie/

--
Angus Scott-Fleming