On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 4:30 PM, John Aldrich
<jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com> wrote:
> Well, I finally got in touch with someone who had half a brain. It seems
> there is no work-around to make it run under Vista. On the other hand, they
> are planning on releasing the replacement for "Image Viewer" by the end of
> the year. Apparently it's already coded, but they have to wait on someone
> else to release it... :-( On the plus side, it'll be Windows 7 compatible.

  Fun.

  We have a large, precision, 5-axis CNC router with a Windows
2000-based controller.  I asked the mfg for an upgrade quote.  It was
over $10,000.  Apparently their software works by talking directly to
the hardware, and they re-did their software for XP, so to upgrade to
XP-compatible software, we have to replace most of the control
innards.

  My plan is to lock down the UI and put it in a dedicated,
highly-firewalled VLAN.

-- Ben