From: Andy Shook [mailto:andy.sh...@peak10.com]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 4:44 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Management of laptops

Not an appropriate question...

Shook

From: Brian Desmond [mailto:br...@briandesmond.com]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 4:40 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues

How big of an org are you?

Thanks,
Brian Desmond
br...@briandesmond.com

c   - 312.731.3132

From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 3:00 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Management of laptops

Folks,

Any suggestions on products to manage laptops?  We have a number of nomadic
users who use their issued laptops with aircards.  Sometimes they have a wired
or wireless connection, but not at any of my locations (these staff work
off-site).

Staff don't have much access, they are all "users".  I am looking for a product
whereby I can enforce similar content filtering/web surfing filtering as my
corporate fire walls.  I assume I'd need some sort of client for the laptops
that would occasionally check in to a central system for updates.  We are a
Fortinet shop, and I'm looking at the Forticlient, but am looking at
alternatives.  We have an issue with viruses on these machines (usually
blocked, but I get the notices), and that's usually from staff going to web
sites that would be blocked at the corporate level.

Suggestions appreciated.

Tom

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.

________________________________
Any medical information contained in this electronic message is CONFIDENTIAL
and privileged. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to view, copy,
disclose, or disseminate CONFIDENTIAL information. This electronic message may
contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. It is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) and/or entity named as
recipients in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this
message, please notify the sender immediately and delete this material from
your computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message, and do not
disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the information that it
contains.