About 900 users, but probably 200 or so of them are nomadic and those
laptops use air cards and sometimes wired/wireless network.

>>> Brian Desmond <br...@briandesmond.com> 7/9/2010 4:39 PM >>>

How big of an org are you?

Thanks,
Brian Desmond
br...@briandesmond.com

c   – 312.731.3132

From:Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 3:00 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Management of laptops

Folks,

Any suggestions on products to manage laptops?  We have a number of
nomadic users who use their issued laptops with aircards.  Sometimes
they have a wired or wireless connection, but not at any of my locations
(these staff work off-site).

Staff don't have much access, they are all "users".  I am looking for a
product whereby I can enforce similar content filtering/web surfing
filtering as my corporate fire walls.  I assume I'd need some sort of
client for the laptops that would occasionally check in to a central
system for updates.  We are a Fortinet shop, and I'm looking at the
Forticlient, but am looking at alternatives.  We have an issue with
viruses on these machines (usually blocked, but I get the notices), and
that's usually from staff going to web sites that would be blocked at
the corporate level.

Suggestions appreciated.

Tom

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
copies of the original message.