There's a policy against inappropriate questions?!?  Since when?

From: Raper, Jonathan - Eagle [mailto:jra...@eaglemds.com]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 3:49 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Management of laptops

From: Andy Shook [mailto:andy.sh...@peak10.com]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 4:44 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues

From: Brian Desmond [mailto:br...@briandesmond.com]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 4:40 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues

Brian Desmond

br...@briandesmond.com

c   - 312.731.3132

From: Tom Miller [mailto:tmil...@hnncsb.org]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 3:00 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Management of laptops

Folks,

Any suggestions on products to manage laptops?  We have a number of
nomadic users who use their issued laptops with aircards.  Sometimes
they have a wired or wireless connection, but not at any of my locations
(these staff work off-site).

Staff don't have much access, they are all "users".  I am looking for a
product whereby I can enforce similar content filtering/web surfing
filtering as my corporate fire walls.  I assume I'd need some sort of
client for the laptops that would occasionally check in to a central
system for updates.  We are a Fortinet shop, and I'm looking at the
Forticlient, but am looking at alternatives.  We have an issue with
viruses on these machines (usually blocked, but I get the notices), and
that's usually from staff going to web sites that would be blocked at
the corporate level.

Suggestions appreciated.

Tom

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
copies of the original message.

________________________________

Any medical information contained in this electronic message is
CONFIDENTIAL and privileged. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to
view, copy, disclose, or disseminate CONFIDENTIAL information. This
electronic message may contain information that is confidential and/or
legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s)
and/or entity named as recipients in the message. If you are not an
intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately
and delete this material from your computer. Do not deliver, distribute
or copy this message, and do not disclose its contents or take any
action in reliance on the information that it contains.