As far as I know, nics on workstations don't participate in STP, so that
would narrow your search to network devices like switches.

From: Fergal O'Connell [mailto:foconn...@curamsoftware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:29 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Possible Rogue device on the network

I can only see that mac on a wire shark trace -

I cant find that mac on the managed switches -

I exported an the arp table from all our managed switches and it's not
there.

What does this mean: "MAC - 00:0f:1f:30:26:e3 is assigned to WW PCBA
Test"? MAC - 00:0f:1f:30:26:e3 is the MAC and WW PCBA Test appears to be
the manufacturer.

Is that the box on your LAN experiencing the issue that you performed
the sniff  on? I performed a wire shark trace on a VM that is connected
to our Core switch.

Or are you suggesting that you see that  MAC on the wire, and see that
host name associated with it, but don't know where that host is? The Mac
is not associated with an IP address as it does not show up either in
DHCP or the IP arp table on the switches.