From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 12:01 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Guilty, will change after reading this.

- do not plug surge protectors into a UPS. If they UPS runs on batteries
it will usually generate a step sine wave which may destroy surge
protectors (in particular tricky to find power strips without surge
protector)

http://isc.sans.edu/diary.html?storyid=9319

David Lum // SYSTEMS ENGINEER
NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
(Desk) 971.222.1025 // (Cell) 503.267.9764