I would.  Even if something like that is a 'no no', I can imagine it
would disturb APC to no end that it happened without the unit shutting
itself off at all.

The closest I had was when I very forcefully explained to the
electrician that he could NOT plug his drill into my UPS and he could
get a damn extension cord as there were no other outlets available in
the server room.  We had dedicated plugs to the UPS and a few non-UPS
outlets in the toom but they were all in use.  He was not our regular
guy.

Steven