That *almost* sounds like a DNS issue, like maybe the Sonicwall is blocking
DNS requests for HTTP/HTTPS.

John-AldrichTile-Tools

From: Lists - Level5 [mailto:li...@levelfive.us]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:38 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Bandwidth problems

Thanks guys for trying to help.

We have a 20MB MetroEthernet that was plugged into a Cisco router, the cisco
was removed last night as a possible issue, and it wasn't needed anyway. We
have jumbo frames throughout, but on the WAN I cannot enable more than 1500
MTU.

I am installing Viewpoint now to try and see whats happening, on the
internal Procurve we don't have anything as far as errors where the LAN port
is , and Im logging high now on the Sonicwall and even doing some packet
captures. I have never seen anything like it. For example if I goto
www.msn.com it will say page not found after about 20 secs, but then if I go
and ping www.msn.com and then re-open IE/FF the page comes right up . This
is happening throughout the 500 pc's in the office, and my laptop (which is
only on the network by IP).

Its almost like im being blocked on http/https but not always, the 40-50
users who work remotely through TS randomly get disconnected, but I can be
on the server via Radmin and stay on for days w/o losing the connection from
my office to their office.