From: Lists - Level5 [mailto:li...@levelfive.us]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 3:57 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Bandwidth problems

We have internal IPS/IDS, and mail filters already setup.

We have tracked down the issue with Sonicwall today, apparently our MTU size is
fluctuating. It was set to default 1492, I lowered it to 1404 and then this
command : ping google.com -f -l 1400 worked just fine, however an hour later it
would come back saying needed to fragment the packet, so now we are running
with an MTU of 1360 or 1366 or something . Very odd problem, we are migrating
away from the current provider and the powers that be are wondering if this is
being done purposefully. Sonicwall engineer said he doesn't recall seeing an
MTU size working for 10-15 mins then suddenly be too big.