+1 on the Shoretel.
They are more competitively priced than Cisco, et al.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew W. Ross [mailto:mr...@ephrataschools.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 7:50 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Alternative VoIP Solutions

500 extensions? You may wan to look for something comercial.

We use Shoretel, which is not cheap, but competitive with the big boys..
Pros: Easy to manage, full featured, and well supported.
Cons: Vendor locking (Shoretel hardwar only works with Shortel), Windows
centric (no Mac/Linux clients for their call manager, yet.)

Other free/low cost solutions to check out:
TrixBox (By Asterisk), 3CX, Taridium, Askozia.

Good luck!

--Matt Ross
Ephrata School District